The aim of the conference is to encourage multi and interdisciplinary aggregation of people and research centres which deal with color and light from a professional and scientific point of view. Conference themes include:1. COLOR AND MEASUREMENT / PRODUCTION. Colorimetry, photometry and color atlas: method, theory and instrumentation.
2. COLOR AND DIGITAL. Reproduction, management, digital color correction, image processing, graphics, photography, printmaking, video production, artificial vision, virtual reality.
3. COLOR AND LIGHTING. Metamerism, color rendering, adaptation, color constancy, appearance, illusions, memory color and perception, color in extra-atmospheric environments, lighting design.
4. COLOR AND PHYSIOLOGY. Mechanisms of vision in their experimental and theoretical aspects, deficiencies, abnormalities, clinical and biological aspects.
5. COLOR AND PSYCHOLOGY. Phenomenology of color, perceptive, emotional, aesthetic and diagnostic aspects.
6. COLOR AND PRODUCTS. Foods and beverages, textiles, plastics, ceramics, paints.
7. COLOR AND RESTORATION. Archaeometry, painting materials, diagnostics and techniques of conservation, restoration and enhancement of cultural heritage, coloring and architectural syntax, territorial identities.
8. COLOR AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT. Urban planning, plans of color, architecture.
9. COLOR AND DESIGN. Furniture, design, fashion, textiles, graphics, communication, packaging, lettering, cosmetics.
10. COLOR AND CULTURE. Art, history, philosophy, anthropology, sociology, aesthetics, representation and design, lexicology, semantics.
11. COLOR AND EDUCATION. Pedagogy, color’s didactics, aesthetic education, artistic education.
8th Conferenza del Colore
September 13-14, 2012
Bologna, Italy www.gruppodelcolore.it